Thursday, November 6, 2014

#PhD2015 Digital Fluency

For the first time in a long time, I am SERIOUSLY working on finishing my doctoral degree.  It feels good because I feel like my mind is completely wrapped around the topic, since it is near and dear to my educational philosophies. 

I will be talking to graduates of online principal preparation programs to see if the virtual learning environment increased their competence as a leader to implement 21st century learning skills, specifically digital fluency and digital literacy on their campuses.



In an edchat yesterday, we were challenged to consider the changes in education - students, teachers, & parents, as well as explore how to improve the learning environments on our campus so that 21st century skills are embedded deeper into our campus culture. 

I would love for school leaders to share how you embed 21st century skills in your campus culture, specifically digital fluency! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so envious of you completing your doctoral program. Great top and so relevant to what is happening in our profession. I'd love to hear what your findings are - any plans on sharing those? I see so many online certifications for administration now instead of taking courses in person. I wonder what the long term affects of this aspect of learning are at this time. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been interesting to get net books to every 7th and 8th grader to use in the classroom. Looking forward to getting the net books to the core classes in 6th grade. With Math and Science textbooks being on-line, it is changing our thought about the process of getting net books to students. Some of our teachers are working with flip-classrooms for our students. A new way of accessing learning is here today. It will be interested to see what occurs in the next few years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping ourselves educated with relevant and recent research is a challenge in administrative positions. We have busy schedules, but the kids still come first. We can't expect it from our kids if we are not constant and progressive learners ourselves.

    ReplyDelete