Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Eric Sheninger's Digital Leadership - Summary of Chapter 9

This is a great read for anyone that would like to grow and improve as a digital leader.  Eric is a principal that has a handle on what kids need in our digital-aged society to help them be successful in their future...

Chapter 9 was really interesting to me because I continuously strive as a leader to include digital resources and cutting age technology in all that I do as a model for my teachers.  I try to engage my TEACHERS so that they in turn find it easy to engage their STUDENTS.  Hence the title of this chapter:  Increasing Student Engagement and Enhancing Learning.  A "must read" for digital leaders!



Though many of us believe in technology’s ability to transform teaching and learning environments, others still treat technology as a frill and place high emphasis on standardization of curriculum. 
Digital leadership is a mindset and a call to transform a school’s culture.  Digital tools allow for co-construction of knowledge, sharing of information and feedback.   Increases in student achievement becomes a reality when we meet and anticipate the needs of digital-age learners.   We need to all remember that technology shouldn't be "something else to do", but rather a way to make what we do as educators easier!  This is the direction I hope to take my staff this year...I want to see a seamless infusion of technology resources rather than a planned dog and pony show that isn't at the rigor of the content.

Here is a link to our full summary:  http://app.emaze.com/453168/digital-leadership#slidenum=1
we used a site called Emaze...enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Great summary! I really like the term "co-construction", because technology can no longer be used in isolation. Good luck with meeting your goal! If we can help our teachers get over the fear of the unknown (technology), the infusion will be seamless. :)

    ReplyDelete